April 4, 2014
There are only two weeks left of long training runs after this week. That sneaked up on me.
Let’s go make the best of this important workout!
Full Marathoners: 7:30am Saturday/Sunday
Half Marathoners: 8:00am Saturday/Sunday
- Advanced – 4 Loops of the 5k route
- Standard – 3 Loops of the 5k route
- 20 miles, all easy, just run. We won’t meet back up with the half marathoners.
There will be some water/gatorade on the course, but bring your own water/gatorade and nutrition for in-between.
*Also after the run, Results Physiotherapy will be there to check out any lingering issues you may have with running injuries.
Don’t forget about:
- Last Brunch of the season at Lauren Caswell’s on the 20th (in two weeks!)
- Post-race party the 26th at East Pavilion at Fatherland and 11th – Edley’s, Yazoo, and good times from 6pm-10pm
See you this weekend, and as always, ENFL!!
March 14, 2014
Week 11 Full/Half Marathon Training – Everyone meets at 8am!
Base of Pedestrian Bridge – East Side
Parking is available in Lot R of LP Field
Full & Half Advanced: 14 miles
Full & Half Standard: 11 miles
1. For 11 miles that includes the bridge, picks up the route, and brings you back (thanks, Brian Johnson!): http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/370714699
2. If you’re running 14, you may want to run down 11th ave S and continue to Charlotte, then return to LP.
This is another week of just adding up some miles. Some raced this weekend and you’ve all been putting in several long runs. Only 5 weeks remaining after this week!
In addition to Running:
You might also consider adding yoga into your routine. When you only move you body in one direction on one plane over and over again, there is a risk of injury. Some overuse injuries even force us to stop running for a few days. Yoga is a great way to move and strengthen muscles you need to use to stay injury-free! Check out Kali Yuga Yoga’s “Yoga for Runners” class and take a step towards staying healthy while running: http://www.kaliyugayoga.com/YogaForRunners.html
See you this weekend! ENFL!!
January 24, 2014
– Full Marathonders warm up, run 10k time trial
– Half Marathoners warm up, run 5k time trial
Make sure you have a watch so you can record your time-trial this week!
Saturday and/or Sunday
– Full Marathoners meet at 7:30am
– Half Marathoners meet at 8am
Brunch is happening again!
– Sign up here
to bring something. Just add your name in the document.
– Also, make sure to NOT park in the bike lanes on Porter. I’d suggest the street either on Scott Ave
or Franklin Ave
AND we’ll have someone from Results Physiotherapy doing injury screenings inside while brunch is going on! So come run, eat, and get that nagging issue checked out before it turns into something more.
See you Saturday or Sunday! After we run, you’ll find me at the brunch. ENFL!