Tomato Festival 5k
First things first, you need to sign up for the tomato fest 5k right now. Why? This is East Nasty’s adopted “homecoming” race, it supports our local Y, and the race is just the start of a great day in East Nashville (Tomato Fest Day…) Why now? The price goes up on June 24. Register here. (Also when you register put your team name as “East Nasty”)
We are back to route #1. And since we are back to run #1, I thought I would give everyone a reminder about how these runs work:
How it works…
- Wednesday morning – Check the blog for any updates and changes, and reacquaint yourself with that week’s route. Print out the route if you think you might get lost.
- 5:45 (sometimes a little earlier) – The Lasty Nasties start their run. The Lasties are our walk/run group that starts before the main group. If you typically run slower than 12 minutes per mile you should consider joining this group. (Here is their Facebook page.)
- As you are arriving, the map of the route for that night should be hanging on the porch of the yellow house.
- 6:08 – We begin announcements which should take about two minutes.
- 6:10 – Greet someone new, and prepare for your run.
- 6:11 (ish) We don’t just start running en masse. We leave in groups, and someone will be starting those group from fastest to slowest – starting with under 7:30 pace, and going in 30 second increments (7:30 – 8:00, 8:00 – 8:30, etc…), with a short gap between groups. The last group is 10 minutes per mile and over.
- During the run safety is priority number one! We encourage you to run as hard as you want, but this is not a race. So (1) run on the sidewalk as much as possible, (2) if it’s dark, wear something that creates or reflects light, (3) be careful at intersections, don’t assume cars are going to stop, and (4)stop if one of your fellow runners needs help.
- Bring a change of clothes (or not) – and head over to 3 Crow or one of the other local establishments for a drink and/or some dinner.