East Nasty of the Week: Stacy Andrick

People always ask me, “How do I become an East Nasty of Week (ENOW),” and my usual reply is “patience young jedi.” Others ask me, “Can I nominate an ENOW,” to which I always reply, “YES!!!” One such nomination came in just at the end of December 2010. It read:

Hola ENOW selection committee,

I don’t know how the ENOW is determined each week (perhaps you ask the Oracle of Delphi for guidance), but I feel compelled to suggest recognition for Stacy Andrick.  She has run with us for a long time and has graciously hosted the EN Christmas party two years in a row.

Again, I just felt the need to recommend her as a well-deserving ENOW.

Recognize…

The HEIDI Huerta!!!*

-Well Heidi, you wish is our command, let us congratulate the newest East Nasty of the Week, Stacy Andrick.

This is NOT Jessica!

Stacy was born in Kansas, but moved to Johnson City, TN with her mother and sister at the age of 5. She grew up not on the track or basketball court, but in the world of ballet and dance. From 1st grade through 12th grade Stacy would head off to rehearsal classes three times a week. Well for college she headed off to UT Knoxville to major in architecture. While at school she interned in Nashville several times, and so when it came time for graduation she moved here, right into her East Nashville home.

Stacy did not begin running until 2007, when she joined the Team in Training group for the Tom King Half Marathon. A year later she ran the 2008 Country Music Marathon. Wanting to continue her running experience, she and some of her fellow T.N.T. runners joined East Nasty. Last year she also competed in the Nashville Women’s Half Marathon, under her friend Jessica’s number, thus the name on her bib. And she has also run a slew of 5K’s throughout middle Tennessee, and even participated in this year’s Ragnar Relay with her friends.

But that is not it folks, far from it in fact! Besides hosting our Christmas party the last two years (thanks again by the way!), Stacy is also very involved in the Nashville community. She volunteers for Mobile Loaves and Fishes, which gives out food and clothing to those in need, and she also is a board member of the Margaret Maddox YMCA. She also loves going to see live music, camping, and doing home improvement projects. YES, all that work in her house was completed by her pretty much single-handedly!

One final piece for Stacy’s ENOW is a picture that she sent me. Not since Zach Barnett’s write-up have I enjoyed a childhood picture this much. According to her she passed the can of beer to her little sister right before the picture was taken, thus making her look like the innocent one. Well played!

Rod Jones

* I may have taken a few liberties with Heidi’s original email.

12 Responses to East Nasty of the Week: Stacy Andrick

1. Polly says:

Big congrats and welcome to the ENOW universe Miss Stacey! You deserve it! Rock on lady!

2. Duane says:

Congrats Stacy!

Stacy is almost too sweet to be called Nasty. Almost.

3. Heidi H says:

First, YES Stacy’s new ENOW title is well, well deserved! Stacy may seem quiet at times, but don’t let her fool you. She’s soaking it all in AND taking names in the process! Stacy is an awesome friend and I feel fortunate to call her friend. We actually met at East Nasty via TNT connections. Everything comes full circle. She will also be representing in Pensacola, FL for the EN return in the Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k on 2/5/11. ENFL!

4. Heidi H says:

Oh yeah, Rod Jones….as the Spaniards declared upon discovering and claiming Pensacola @450+ years ago….HE DICHO! (I have spoken!)

5. Crisitna says:

YAY! Stacy! What an adorable pics of you and your sister! you nash 1/2 pic is one of my favorites!!! You’re always such a bright smiley person… congrats to a well deserved ENOW!!! 🙂

6. Crisitna says:

oops I meant *your women’s 1/2 pic

7. Will Arnold says:

Congratulations! See you on Wednesday.

8. Ashlee Tidwell says:

Boo YA!!!!! Getting ENOW of the week rocks!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

9. John van der Harst says:

At LONG last!

Stacy has also continued to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s TNT fundraising program as a Mentor/Team Captain.

10. John van der Harst says:

Talkin’ about nominatin’… While Stacy has hosted the last two, let’s not forget Ann Butterworth, who hosted the first EN Xmas party — where I first met our multicultural darling Heidi Huerta.

11. Heidi H says:

I would have to say I miss this Mrs. (Ann) Butterworth! Hopefully she will return to East Nasty in 2011! Thank you John you are very kind….I do recall meeting you at the first East Nasty Christmas Soiree. 🙂

12. Ebon Talifarro