Tomato Fest 5k

Tomato Festival Run Through

As all of you should know, the Tomato Fest 5k is quickly approaching; in fact, it is this Saturday!   Since this is basically our home meet, the East Nasties need to come out in full force.   My goal is to have 50 East Nasties in full regalia at the race!  Here is the link to register at active.

In order to prepare for the race (we must defend our home turf), we are going to run the course this week.  The race starts and finishes at the corner of Woodland and 11th, and it is a little bit different than last year, so take a moment to look over the course.

New People:

If you are new to the East Nasties, show up every Wednesday night at the corner of 11th and Holly in East Nashville at 6:00 for a great run with a fun group of folks.  Don’t forget to bring a change of clothes and your ID to grab a 2-for-1 beverage at 3 Crow Bar post-run.

12 Responses to Tomato Fest 5k

YES. I will run this.

2. Jenny dew says:

I’m THERE!

3. Polly says:

I know I totally be kicked out of the neighborhood for this, but I’m dumb and scheduled vacation this weekend!!! I won’t be there, but I will be thinking about you guys! Show the west-enders how it’s done on the East side!!

4. Duane says:

i registered – im in.

unbelievable. what is happening to me?

5. Erin B says:

I am so juiced up on lycopene right now…I can’t wait!

6. Amy Ows says:

Got my reg in and laid out my EN gear. Now to see if the pace fits the race Wed. Great idea to run the course!

7. Andy says:

I’m down for both tomorrow and Saturday. Need an EN shirt though.

Anyone bring extras tomorrow? Need a medium.

Andy

Are you ready to have the noise brought on you?!

9. Elizabeth says:

I haven’t been making the regularly scheduled runs for a while (though I have seen you running past me as I sit at one East Nashville watering hole or another – Cheers!), but I have been staying on top of my running and pre-registered for this thing months ago. I’ll be there. Who’s handing out bloody maries at the end of this thing? It is the tomato 5K after all.

I’ll see you guys again when the weather cools. Oh and by the way – anyone interested in training for the NOLA half marathon in February? Thought a change of scenery would be nice. And a train ride from Memphis to New Orleans can’t suck.

E

10. Micah says:

Looking forward to running it again this year! It’ll be great to have a ton of Nasties out there.

Keeping the ass in Nasty,

Micah P

11. Mark says:

Hello – I am trying to get a contact email for someone at East Nasty as i am launching a website that your group is noted and promoted and wanted to have someone to touch base with there for future efforts.

Thanks

Mark

12. jenny says:

Yo mark! Ne advice for a warm-up tomorrow pre-race?