East Nasty of the Week- Scott Harris

Before I attempt to write my first E.N.O.W. article, I would first like to say that it is not an easy act to follow Annie Parsons. But fear not, because she will return, so just consider me your summer substitute teacher.

Now moving on.

meandmaya1

Mullets, Maya and Marathons…who is Scott Harris?

Born and raised in HOTlanta, GA, the young Scotty cheered on his father, Tommy Harris, who ran in the Peach Tree Road Race every Forth of July for 14 consecutive years. From there Scott headed to Appalachian State University, where he graduated with a degree in Sociology in 1999.

After college he headed out west to the Rockies, and ended up becoming a ski/snowboad bum by day and sushi roller by night. It was here in Telluride, Colorado that he competed in the Imogene Pass Run, an all trail race 17.1 miles long that connects the towns of Ouray and Telluride with over a 1000 ft rise in elevation! It was also in Telluride that he met his wife Krystal. He knew they were meant to be when she told him to cut his long hair into a mullet, before taking it all off and going completely business casual.

Mullet Love

Skip forward here to Nashville where he works for Dell in corporate sales and also carries on the full time duties of fatherhood. His little girl Maya is also a regular at East nasty on Wednesday nights, as long as Scott takes her for an ice cream cone at the Pied Piper afterwards.

Throughout his running career so far Scott has competed in the Music City Marathon, participated on a Blue Ridge Relay race team, and successfully clocked in a sub 4-hour marathon in Memphis! Although his running career has been relatively short, his accomplishments have been many.Now his goals in running are to make a sub-20 minute 5K, and to beat David Canas in any and all races. But their competitions will have to put on the back burner for a little while, since sadly Scott and his family are about to move to Asheville, North Carolina for a year.

But fear not East Nastys, Scott and family will be returning back to Nashville in a year.

Scott’s own fair well address is as follows,

“I’m sad to report we are moving to Ashville for the next year. Of all the things that I’ll miss when we leave, East Nasty will be at the top of the list. I love how our running community has grown and the great friendships that I’ve made. Hopefully I’ll run plenty of hills in Ashville and return a better runner.”

So we bid you adieu Scott, and hope to see back in the near future.

Rod Jones-

8 Responses to East Nasty of the Week- Scott Harris

1. Erica Tober says:

For all that is good in the world, please come back from Asheville sporting a mullet.

2. Jenny dew says:

Rod! well done my good man! well done!

Scott the East Nasty group will anxiously await your return (as long as you don’t get too fast) 🙂

I have been replaced by a far more qualified person. Serves me right – I’m a sad excuse for a Nasty these days. I swear, though, I’m going to make a comeback one day.

Very well done, Rod!! 🙂

And Scott – there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Come back soon!!

4. Margaret says:

Scott, how have you not shown us that sweet mullet pic?! That is amazing!!

Also, Scott, you went to THIS college?

6. Scott says:

Thanks Annie. I’ve never seen that song. Hot! Hot! Hot! Going directly on my iPod.

That is one peppy alma mater song.

Scott, like the mullet but it really clashed with your collared golf shirt. Next time wear East Nasty sleeveless shirt to enhance mullet. Capture the true essence of East Nashville and Inglewood.

8. John van der Harst says:

I love seeing these. Annie has spoiled us. Her way of highlighting Nastypeoples’ uniquenesses has been done so well I think her concept is worth continuing, so Rod — Thank you! Now let’s see your style fly high too!

I’ve met so many educated Nasticians… several with multiple college degrees… seems like besides sharing enlightening conversation as we trample East Nastyland afleetfoot, maybe some of them could also pitch in on ENOW creation, if needed, to make sure it doesn’t take years to finally get to know who all these Nastiquadores are.