East Nasty For Life!

Congratulations Nasties!

Congratulations Nasties!

Well done Nasties!  On a tough course, and a hot day and we had some great performances.  Post your time and your thoughts below,  I would love to see how everybody ran!

Mark

PS  We are still on for Wednesday nights, more details tomorrow, but for the next six week we are going to run the routes backwards!    Then the runs will change.  (Thanks for everyone who has given their input.)  So Wednesday, April 29, run #1 in reverse.

28 Responses to East Nasty For Life!

1. Marcia says:

Great pic!!! While you all were taking it I was running those other 13 miles 🙂 First whole marathon down… 4:00:59… great job to everyone!!!

2. Jim Schwan says:

1:55:42 – Only 16 seconds off my PR. Quite pleased for my 2nd 1/2 marathon.

3. Elizabeth says:

What a handsome looking group. Hate I missed the photo opp, but I was busy bringing in the last corrals. 🙂 First half – 1:20:09. I’m a happy girl.

1:55:12 – a new personal best for me!

5. Margaret says:

1:42:34 – PR for this course

Slow and steady, I finished in 2:19:38 – 22 seconds under my goal time. 🙂 You guys, IT WAS SO FUN AND AWFUL!!!!!!

I’m so proud of all of you.

7. Jessie says:

Even slower and steadier, I finished in 2:28:40. Goal time was 2:30, and I would have beat it by even more if it hadn’t been for those damn bathroom lines!

But I had a great run. Next time I’m aiming for 2:20!

8. Laret says:

My 1st 1/2 marathon and time was 2:02:31.
    Very happy about it and thankful for this great running group!

9. Scott says:

First time running this 1/2. 1:42:15, decent time for me, but my proudest moment was when i left Margaret at the top of James Robertson.

10. Margaret says:

Ouch Harris! And that was after I walked to let you catch up 😉 I knew I shouldn’t have let you in on my secret – compression socks 🙂

11. Cory says:

1:51:40 for my first 1/2. I still have a lot of work to do to get to 1:4x with some of you… let alone attempting the full.

12. Polly says:

I ran a 2:36. PR for this course by 15 whole mins! Mark Miller’s training regimen really paid off. 😉

13. Erica Tober says:

First 1/2 ever! 1:49:00 – Goal was sub 1:50 so I couldn’t be happier. BEST experience of my life. Can’t wait to do it again next year! Loved all the comradarie in the corrals, on the course, and at LP Field with my fellow East Nasties!

14. Heidi says:

Did anyone catch Aman on the news? They showed his finish proudly displaying East Nasty! WOO HOO!

JP you were rockin’! Ryan Snellen, so nice to see you in the home stretch.

Everyone else was smokin’ too so missed y’all. 🙂

I was in Team in Training mode and garb, but stoked when I did see the East Nasties representin’.

2:20:24; Not disappointed considering the conditions but not my best. I was running for a different reason this time.

Next year EAST NASTY ALL THE WAY!

15. Poag says:

1:44:16. Was on pace through 10 miles, then my head exploded from the heat and I crawled to the finish line. Scott, Margaret, Drew, and Rob dropped me like a bad habit. You guys are going down next year!

16. Steve says:

First half for me. 1:54:44. I was on my target pace (sub 1:50) through the first ten, but then I lost it, having to walk intermittenly in the last 3. The walking was disappointing, but I suppose it’s better than collapsing!

Thanks, Mark, for putting this all together. The Wednesday night runs have been great for me staying motivated, and I look forward to continuing to run with the Nasties.

17. Mary Jane says:

1:41:30 – A PR by 30 seconds. Not bad considering I had to take four weeks off of training due to mono. And it was really stinkin hot on Saturday.

Way to go Nasties!

18. David C says:

The sun was angry that day, my friends.

1:46:07 – a minute off of last year. Plan A, at the start, hang with Scott and Margaret…Plan B at mile 4, hey there goes mary jane, stay with her…Plan C on Belmont, where’s mary jane? maybe citrus would help – because i’ve never eaten an orange slice on a run, but maybe this time…Plan D, on battlefield, pour cytomax on my head, no wait, drink the cyto, pour the water…it kept going like this…Plan Q or so was the decision to survive and finish.

Proud of all the East Nasties, first timers, pr’er’s, survivors, supporters. Loved the EN shout outs along the course. ENFL!

19. Erin says:

1:49:55 – cutting it pretty close for my sub 1:50 goal! Great job everyone! Maryjane – you rock. Mono and the heat cannot keep you down… 🙂

20. Kevin Kaz says:

So sorry I missed you guys! Next time I promise to run faster. But I’m definitely not sorry about running my very first full in under 4 hrs(3:53)

Thank you Mark and East Nasties for making this possible for me!!!

21. Alexis says:

1:47:47 – despite a sore glut and the heat, the experience was incredible. Thank you Alisa Libonn for keeping me going, especially at mile 6, 9, and 11. We tried to keep up with the 1:45 pacer, but what had happened was . . .

P.s. I definitely threw out a few sideways “E” hand signs along the course. East Nasty for life 🙂

22. micah says:

1:49:12

Well,

Slower than what I had hoped for, but with the heat, about the time I probably deserved for trying to keep the sub 1:40 gang in my sights for the first 5. Silly me.

I loved the East Nasty shout outs, even on the loudspeaker at the finish. Pretty cool!

Thanks to everyone for coming out to the party!I had a really great time. I think Drew Jones put an empty beer can in my Rhododendron. You’re going down, Drew.

23. Scot Lyle says:

2:05:46, bested last year’s time by almost 23 minutes! Thanks for everyone in the group pushing me on though the training, especially Warner Park!

24. John van der Harst says:

‘Cause I’m still rehabbing, I at least tried to cheer — but Mark, Erica and Marcia yelled at me first! Whatta group!! Helped make my day. Y’all just knew I needed it, because not being able to run has been a bummer. I’m SO looking forward to when I can do East Nasty runs again!

You halfers who felt hot should have watched Marcia at 22 and 25 like I did. Gutting it out big-time! Looked like all those negative split practice runs paid off, as she pulled away from, and then buried, Team-in-Training’s best remaining local (5 of us TNTers ended up too injured to run).

25. Casey says:

2:29:14 (with a 2-3min bathroom break & being involved in a 3 (wo)man pile up at Belmont…so really 2:26-27)…the goal for my first was 1) to finish, 2) to beat 2:30, 3) not to pass out from the heat…so it was a sucess all around. 🙂

I had a great time and want to give a shout out to all of the EN caboose runners…pretty suer we all ran our PR’s (yes, it was most of our first races, but a PR is a PR!). I couldnt have done it without y’all and of course Mark too. Your weekly blogs and advice was very appreciated. I think I have a new addiction…besides beer & ice hockey.
    Casey (tape-girl)

26. Rob says:

1:39.17 couldn’t be happier. Mark, thanks for pulling me for the last 4 miles. I’ll see you all in a few hours.

27. Elizabeth says:

BTW – that’s first half 2:20:09….NOT 1:20:09. (I must have been recalling how happy those shirts at the Expo made me: In my dreams, I am Kenyan).

28. Josh says:

Think I joined the trend of 10 miles right on pace, then survival mode for the last three. 1:52 for my first half, can’t complain. Last four months have been alot of fun!