Sunday 3-29-09 Nutrition and Yoga

There are several great things going on this Sunday for the Nasties:

1. We should have some samples of the men’s and women’s “East Nasty for Life ’09” shirts.

The women’s shirts will be coral, the men’s will be tank green, and they’ll be $20 a piece.  Notice the retail price is $35!  Thanks to Fleet Feet and our local Sugoi rep (and fellow East Nasty) Travis Werts for getting us a great deal! (The shirts will have the East Nasty logo on the front and Fleet Feet on the back.  You will be shocked at how many cat-calls you will receive during the race if you are wearing an East Nasty shirt…or if you are running next to LaMont when he’s not wearing his East Nasty shirt)

NOTE: We will be ordering shirts on Monday of next week.  If you are not coming this Sunday, contact Drew Jones at Fleet Feet or post a comment here to place your order.

2. We are running the course again.

Here is the plan…Run the course until you get back to the round-about.  (From Belmont, down 16th), go straight through the round-about down 16th to West End.  Turn left on West End and run back to Centennial Park.  11.3 miles total.

3. Bring $2 or $3 this Sunday.

This is a long run.  We will have fluids at Belmont, but Fleet Feet will also provide many different nutritional product for $1 a piece: Gels, Beans or Shots.

What?????

For those of you who are new to endurance sports, if you are exercising for over 90 minutes you need to replace fluids and calories.  Since eating is hard to do while running, there are products out there that are easy to consume.  Examples are Jelly Belly sport beans (i.e. jelly beans), cliff shot bloks (i.e. gummy blocks), and Powergels and Gu (i.e. flavored vasoline).  Each of these have 100-200 calories per serving, but the consistency varies.  Since most of us will need to take in some calories during the race, we are going to practice this Sunday.  Drew Jones,(for those who don’t know Drew, he is Rod “Fabulicious” Jones’ brother) will be bringing a variety of products for $1 a piece, so you can try various ones to see what settles with you the best.

4. Post-Run Yoga.

This one is weather dependent, but post-run, Leah from Kali Yuga Yoga will be leading us through another Yoga session.  It’s going to be outside in Centennial Park, and should start about 11:15.

5. Yoga announcement #2.

At 6:30 on Friday, April 3rd there is a yoga for runners class being offered at Kali Yuga Yuga.  They are only asking for a donation, but you will need to call to reserve a spot!  Click on their website above and enjoy the benefits of yoga.

See you on Sunday!

Mark

20 Responses to Sunday 3-29-09 Nutrition and Yoga

1. Erica Tober says:

This post rocks my world. Here’s why. #1 – I’m thrilled about the new shirts. #2 – “flavored vasoline” had me laughing for a good two minutes. #3 – $1 Shot Blocks makes me REALLY happy.

2. Margaret says:

Adding on to Erica’s comment – #4 We have officially changed Aman’s name to LaMont 🙂

3. Erin says:

Mmmmmmm…flavored vasoline….

4. Polly says:

Mark-should we bring our cash with us on Sun to pay for the shirts? P.S. Thanks for putting the “flavored vasoline” idea in my head…I may not be able to eat my Gue anymore…LOL

5. Heidi says:

Mark,

Count me in for a Medium shirt please.

THANKS HEIDI

6. Heidi says:

Actually, after a check on the Fit Guide…I’m in for a Large. 🙂 THANKS! HEIDI

7. Sarah says:

Mark/Drew – I’d like a women’s medium shirt, please. Thanks!

Did I miss the shirt ordering yesterday? I’d love a medium, please!

9. Alexis says:

I’d like a small women’s shirt, please. Can’t wait to see them 🙂

10. Erin says:

I hope I’m not too late! I’d like a medium shirt, please!! Thank you! 🙂

Too bad I missed the run I was in Indy! I hope to be there this next Sunday (will be at the US game on Weds) so in case I miss I definitely want a shirt. Men’s Large.
    JP

12. eastnasty says:

Thanks for actually reading the directions guys! But we have moved the ordering date back to Thursday…we SHOULD have shirts in by then. So come Wednesday night to place your order!

13. Mary Frances Parker says:

I would like a shirt in Medium (wm.). Thanks!

14. Dutch (Holland) says:

Medium women’s EN )master of the universe in my own mind) shirt please =)

15. Cory McKay says:

Can I get in on a shirt (Men’s Large)? I’m an out of town friend of JPs. Would love to represent here in GA. I might even make the Sunday run. I guess I’ll owe JP $20 and a beer.

16. Elizabeth lewis says:

I’ll take a women’s medium shirt. Am I too late??

17. Laret Casella says:

I would like to order a women’s small shirt.
    Hope I am not too late!

18. Hello, nice writing. Want to get cash for blogging? Check out: http://bit.ly/PaidWriting

19. Hiya! Quick question that’s totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when viewing from my iphone 4. I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to fix this problem. If you have any recommendations, please share. Appreciate it!

20. As the physical body neds somke exercises to keep it
    in shape, so is the mind which can be kept alert through participating in online puzzle contests.

There’re services readily available across the
    country. Whenever he lies, he speaks according to his own nature,
    because he is a liar and the father of lies.